Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Yay! 2nd day of school and good news in the morning. Linda, my supervisor from SAM, smsed Amos & I that our pay is ready. Whee!!! Money's coming in... Oh her sms reminded me that we had taken a 'group' photo picture, that about wraps up the whole internship. Can put in Museum next time k... It's a memory what...



Hope they don't deduct any more of our already measly pay bcos we worked for less than a month. but no need to be so ge gao right...just a few days less mah. But then, measly pay is better than no pay.

But other than that, and that we do alot of 'things that interns do', I have no complains about the whole stay. Oh oh oh and a burnt out social life. Budden again...I don't have a very happening social life in the first place anyway.

***The inofficial Post mortem of the internship*** (The real one is on Friday...*Dreads)

Linda- Funny, easy-going, a to-die-for supervisor (the kind that most interns don't get) with an infectious laughter. ALmost everyday, there are certain periods of the day when me and Amos take turns to fall asleep, but she never wakes us up & scold us(*GASP!). And people who knows me actually knows I have a habit of arriving 5 min late for everything. I swear that's not intentional. But when I do that occassionally, she never chides me too. She frequently tries to convince us that working in the resource room is the first step to a successful curating career.
And plus plus plus, she doesn't set a time limit to how much work we must finish, and instead encourages us to browse through any of the books in the resource room if it interests us. Brings us to buy 4D during lunch, eat with us everyday. And she laughs at all our cock jokes about ba geh ppl. WAH this kind of supervisor where to find?!?!

Amos- My Kopi buddy, a gentle giant, my fellow gossip monger, who sprouts random cold jokes here and there. And the frequency of his cold jokes increases as the days go by. Being a 'traditional' Cantonese, he knows quite a bit about *making soup*, and has taught me the recipe for apple soup during one of our Kopi breaks.
Linda read the online almanac thing and forecasted that Amos (according to his zodiac sign), would be lucky in love this year. And being a good friend, I offered to advertise him in my blog. Since I believe most of my blog readers are girls. Hurhurhur. EH~~ he can make soup okay! Especially to those single girls who have the type of Hindi movie fantasy of chasing the guy around a coconut tree, you'd be surprise to find that he might actually like it.

The tai tais- They are an irresistable, unique category. They only come on Tues and Thurs into the SAM resource room as volunteers...and we thought that tai tais only play mahjong and go shopping. They only arrive at 11am and leaves for lunch at 12.30pm and usually leaves by 3pm. Shiok right. They don't come when it's raining, talk about the kind of christmas gifts that I wouldn't even dream about in my life, talk about social events at the Hilton yada yada, and some didnt even know what's Cadbury chocolate is like(not becos they dont eat chocs). Imagine...
But they are really sweet people. Not in anyway like the fake tai tai wannabes in my ex-agency. They are really refine, not cocky, speak without glitches, writes beautifully, and puts their families first. And when they speak of buying expensive gifts, they're either for their husbands' dunno what associates, or for that lady boss whom they work under while volunteering for Red Cross. Its not to show off, to us little mites in the office, that they r the rich and the powerful. In fact I didnt know they were taitais until LInda told me....budden duh~ who else will have the time to do volunteer work frequently. Hah~ if i do become a taitai one day, I'd wanna be like them... not like some no class models who are just rich men's mistress, who assume that just because they have one more Prada bag than most of us, they're a notch above. I mean what kind of life is it to skip from one men to the other, bearing one man's children after another, just in exchange for more Tiffanys and diamond earrings.

Okie enough of the people at the office...

Anyway, being in a good mood for the rest of the day, I decided to try out the apple soup that Amos taught me. I wanted to make it for dinner for my boyfriend. It was unbelievably good.


APple Soup
Ingredients:
-A pot of water (probably enough for 3/4 ppl)
-some dried seedless red dates
-Some chinese wolfberries
-Some spare pork ribs
-1 apple (get the crisp, sweet type. Amos recommends Fuji apple. But mine turned out fine thought I didnt use Fuji)
-some salt.

Some means you agar yourself. I also dunno because he never tell me. Basically I just didnt scrimp on anything.

Directions:
Bring the spare ribs and red dates and wolfberries to a boil, then lower it to a slow boil. Core the apple and quarter or eighth it. Put that inside the soup too. SLowly boil until the colour of the soup turn to a colour similar to the colour of the apple when it oxidize. Add salt to taste.

*Amos emphasize the need to put in sufficient ribs so that the soup will be meaty enough to be hearty. If not it'll be like apple water.


Tada! Yummy, healthy soup that is good for the lungs, eyes, and complexion. Oh and the apple that is boiled (if you choose the right type), it'll almost taste like the filling in apple pies without the sugar and starch. It is that nice.

No comments: