Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Flawed Judgment

Things that I will do for a Raoul sale, especially when I sense one brewing over the horizon

1) Google for news of the sale on all Singapore Online Forums, every other day

2) Found the announcement at 3AM in the morning and text all my girly-pals.

Raoul Annual Sale

HITACHI TOWERS
#01-11/12
OPENING HOURS: 11AM - 9PM, MON - FRI
11AM - 5PM, SAT
CLOSED ON SUN & PUBLIC HOLIDAYS


3) Woke up at 9AM in the morning so that I'll be a pioneer shopper when the sale starts at 11AM. It's a major feat because 9AM is the time for birds to wake up.

4) Brave all the sweatiness and smelly armpits (of other people), and risk being spotted like an Auntie from the market, just so to dig through the pile of discounted clothes

I love Raoul Men's 2-ply cotton shirts in tapered cut, especially on tall, lean men. It gives them an extremely composed and in-control look, as if even the shirt is afraid of crinkling on them.


:
:
:
On the way back home, I took a seat on the train opposite a Mother with 2 young daughters (probably between 7 to 10 years old).

The younger of the 2 daughters was fixated on me, and after staring at me for 5 minutes, she whispered a very audible whisper - I guess all kids that young have severe volume control disability - to her mother.

Girls : Mummy, that jiejie is very pretty! Her eyes look like princess eyes!

The mother smiled at her daughter, while I pretended to not hear her...eh this girl will grow up to be someone with very good taste ley, I silently thought to myself. Plus she didn't call me an auntie. Smart girl. Not only will she have good taste, she'll grow up to be smart too.

Then the little girl continued...
"Mummy, can you make my hair curly curly like hers? And I also want that dot on the cheek", the little girl raised her pinky to her right cheek, all the while still looking at me.

The mother took a quick glance at me, as if embarrassed that her daughter is talking so loudly, and to my mortification, she whispered back not too softly either...

"Why on earth would you want a pimple on your cheek for?"

gwa gwa gwa..... I guess volume control disability runs in the family

3 comments:

misunderstood said...

oh ... you like raoul, next time will let you know their private sale in advance. you like zara?

Isabelle, Singapore said...

OMG... YES! Thanks. double yayness!!

Actually I like all sale that are not too way out of my budget.

Anonymous said...

hahaha!
1) so cute that the little girl wants a "pimple" on her cheek.
2) so cute that she was staring at you
3) volume control. HAHA!

i like sale too! :P