Saturday, May 12, 2007

I love almost everything from Salvatore Ferragamo. Not Prada, not Gucci not LV. Ferragamo. If only they will sponsor me...Right...*knocks myself on the head*

***********************


A couple of days ago, an ex rang me up, and asked me if he could bring me out for dinner to 'catch up' since the exams are over. I was kind of guarded when he said that especially after a shitty, draggy breakup almost 3 years ago, and tried to think of a nonsensical no answer kinda answer, . Besides, I'm not the type who believes in keeping in contact with the ex, because the platonic feeling can never exist. Not if I once cared for this person, not if I once could feel jealous over a person's actions.

And what could we talk about? The weather? Our latest module/lecturer/school? It would be like blowing horns to the cow (Esp since I'm already ZY's mao cow), because he's from engine and I study history. I hate engine stuff, and he has absolutely no interest in mine either. Common friends? We had none. Our current partner, or partners ever since each other? I don't think I want to know... And to pretend that I'm really interested in would require quite an act. Seriously, I don't know how to behave when it comes to ex-bfs. I dunno where I stand, and the slightest glint in the eye could be taken as flirtation, because after all, we were ONCE attracted to each other. We could always sit down and PRETEND and act nonchalent, but the fact is when you see an ex's face, a text message, a stream of images from the past comes flooding back. You know you had a history.

I have been guilty of going back to the ex. Not this ex that I've mentioned above. Some other one(s). And it all came from meeting the ex for a dinner or a drink or something like that. Because it all seemed so harmless, "nah, he's just an ex, we've broken up, we're just friends. Nothing more" SO you let your guard down, because this is someone whom you've used to trust; whom you must have enjoyed your drinks with and whose scent you find so familiar that you just want to re-experience the feeling of melting into his arms. Even if it's just for a while. And suddenly you find yourself making out with someone whom you've supposedly sworn your hands off ever after.

If my instincts were correct, this ex cheated on his then gf to be with me. Either that or their relationship was on the rocks before I came and charmed him away from her. But this newer gf had just came into Uni, and like all not so ugly girls who had just stepped into Uni, she had a hoard of suitors. It didn't help that she had just started her modelling career, she was a fresh face and she met cute guys with amazing bods and 6-packs who calls her "cutie" and "sweetie" and "darlin", or rich towkays who drives mercedes and invites her to expensive restaurants and offer her a position as their mistresses. It didn't help that it was near V-day when we just got together, and most of the gifts that I had received from other guys surpassed his in monetary value. So he got insecure, and I think he started to miss HIS ex, and frequently compared me to her. (except of course I'm like 10X hotter in my own opinion). Somehow, his ex calls him up more than I do, and feeds him with information about how she saw a guy had his hands on my waist,and how some of her friends saw me at MArche with another guy. Finally, he used these as an excuse and broke up with me. I was truly heartbroken.

Later I heard from some friends that he had gotten back together with THAT ex of his, whom he had broken up to be with me.

Then while I was still mulling around in my own thoughts, he msged back again and asked me if I was seeing anyone at the moment, carefully adding a I'm just curious after some obvious after-thoughts. So I replied saying "Yes, why?"

ANd this what what he said, "Nothing really, I bought a pair of tickets to a concert and I thought it wouldn't be nice to bring you out on a date if you were seeing someone =p"

WTF...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Xiaoyun,

You haven't updated your blog for quite a while already. How have you been?