Whee~~1 more week of handing over to go, before i can completely wash my hands off this place, away from being discriminated, from being cattily treated, simply because I was the only junior staff(interns not counted), the lone infantry, who hasn't been sacked/scared away by the hostility.
I mean the turnover of 4 staffs in 2 months is no joke man, with more contemplating to leave.
A while ago, I was dumped with doing the PR for this fashion account, and I was required to come up with a series of suggestions with regards to what programs I'd like to put into the whole campaign.
Thereafter, the next morning, a certain senior colleague called me and screamed my eyeballs off demanding to know why I didn't add in one certain "very important" element into that campaign.
I thought she kicked up a fuss of the magnitude that she did because she knows nuthin about fashion, so I attempted to tell the she-who-epitomizes-a-fashion-disaster that what she might actually want to reconsider including that, because that style is so last decade that nobody regards those as style icons anymore.
Then she said in her cattiest tone possible, "Sorry, you are not the celebrity okay? You can think you are very stylish, but nobody is interested in your opinion."
Okie lor, so showing off your Thunder Thighs (bold, with 2 capital Ts) in a super mini geometric-print chiffon dress for an important client meeting, is very hip la?
And did anyone even notice that she ASKED me "WHY DID I NOT ADD IN??" in the first place, hence my reply as to why it's not included.
I've tried to be objective about things, tried to be empathetic and helpful, but among the 1001 reasons for why I'd want to leave, it's tough when someone discriminates me for my face (can you even imagine how unprofessional is that?), calls all my ideas "stupid" when they are not, and likens all my proposal to be like me, "all packaging and no substance", no matter how hard I try; while the other one is a prima donna who takes brutal advantage of my inexperience, and backstabs everyone else at every opportunity possible, and is super pro at delegating blames onto junior staffs. That aforementioned run-in with the un-fashionista is just a pin in the haystack case.
***One more thing, sistas, I like my face very much, and I ain't gonna change my perfectly mascaraed lashes, and dewy complexion for a place in that lousy, uncool office of yours.
Friday, April 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment