Me: Am I pretty?
Him: Of course you are, the prettiest in the world.
Me: So is A pretty? (Even though A not bad looking)
Him: Nope...
Me: Okie if A is not pretty, then B ley? B is pretty right? Hot too...(B is prettier than A)
Him: Hmm not really....
Me: Then C ley? I think C is damn pretty. And damn bloody hot. (C is drop-dead gorgeous)
Him: Okie okie only la...50% pretty only. Why do you always think those who are not so pretty pretty?
Me: HUH??? C is okay only? If C is okay only then why do men check her out all the time? How come C has soo many guys chasing her?
Him: Dunno, because they haven't seen you.
Me: *ROLLS EYES 360 degrees*
Me: Okie fine, so is Zoe Tay, Fann Wong and Zhang Ziyi pretty?
Him: Not really
Me: Sarah Michelle Gellar? (He's a buffy fan)
Him: Hmm not really
Me: Fine, Fiona Xie ley? (He has/or had a crush on Fiona Xie, so he can't say no)
Him: Okie only..50% only la....
Me: Wah...that means I'm prettier than Fiona Xie la? Then why am I not as famous? Why didn't OSIM ask me to model for that Slimming Belt thinggie?
Him: ......!!!
Okie so this is my conclusion...
When a man who is into you, tells you that another girl is
A) Not pretty -> he means to say she's not bad. Kind of attractive, but perhaps not his type that dominates his fancy dreams
B) Not really pretty -> he means to say that she is pretty, with a fuckability of say 7/10.
C) Okie, only 50% hot -> he means to say that he thinks she's damn hot. With a fuckability of at least 9/10. But because if he says so, he'll loose all chances with you, and the chances of him ever mating with that particular 9/10 babe is near to zero, he'll rather say that you are prettier.
Why do I say that?
Because before I ask him about girl A, B, and C, I asked him about GIRL Z.
Not GIRL Z is not particularly attractive in my opinion.
GIRL Z probably doesn't look as disturbing as this...

But more of a plain jane...Not the kind you will pick up at clubs, nor the type that you will take a second look on the street even if she wears a short shirt. But she's not likely to be left on the shelf, unless there's something fundamentally wrong with her character or her head.
But guess what the guy said?
Me: Eh do you think GIRL Z is pretty?
Him: Eeeeeeps!!! *Gags* *Vomit...vomit vomit!!!!* (Makes the vomiting sound from his throat...Pretends to faint) Eeeeeeps!!!

6 comments:
well, not all, you prob have not met an enlightened man ...
Personally, really do not find Fan Wong nor Fiona Xie that "gerogeous", they are pretty, but no where near the "drop dead" status they are crowed with.
Most of my muses are prettier :)
"Why do you love her?"
"Because she was she and I was I...."
... but weecloud ... your questions are trick questions :)
beavc: It's not a question of whether he loves me or not. No doubt he does, but there must be women in this world who look better than me.
I know it, the man knows that I know it, so why do they lie about it?
DP: Eh not trick questions la...Just the usual "interrogation". LOL
facing the gestapo sisterhood, no matter how I answer, I die and die willingly ... with a :)
I hope you did not forget all your "interrogation paraphernalia" ... :)
Dunno ley. In my opinion, it should be a matter of individual perspective, and enlightenment doesn’t really have anything to do with it. Perspective is subjective~ The notion of the enlightened man here suggests that he has the de jure perspective and therefore everyone else’s perspective is flawed. Which is bull la. I refuse to believe that even all enlightened men think the same and will come up with the same conclusions much less that they set the standard. They are still different individuals with different ideals. This flows with an individual being… well, an individual, unique etc. Yoink.
For an example of different types of men:
1) Men who tell you you’re the prettiest in the world and they absolutely mean it.
2) Men who tell you you’re the prettiest in the world but actually thinks other girls are hotter but just tell you so anyway because they don’t want to loose you as they really love you.
3) Men who tell you you’re the prettiest in the world but actually thinks other girls are hotter but just tell you so anyway because they don’t want to loose you as they don’t have many options.
4) Men who tell you you’re the prettiest in the world but actually thinks other girls are hotter but just tell you so anyway because they don’t want to loose you as they don’t mind having you around.
5) Men who tell you you’re not as pretty as the majority of the female population in Singapore, but they still love you (and they mean it).
6) Men who tell you you’re not as pretty as the majority of the female population in Singapore, but they still love you (and they don’t mean it, they just want the inheritance!)
… as you can see, the list is only limited by your imagination.
FOR ME: Being with the one you love sort of clouds your judgment and this veils over everyone else such that only your loved one shines through and is the only one that can strike you as pretty or perfect. Usually both, yes both. Everything else is just... a blur. Which is why it is extremely hard for me to carry the notion that I am supposed to rank someone else higher on the pretty scale than her because I simply cannot see it. Maybe I ought to get new spectacles; maybe I’d rather not. Now you might argue nobody's perfect, but see, that's the beauty of it. Is it that hard to accept that someone can find 6,664,205,682 people (I googled this global statistic and unfortunately it includes males and also consists of mainly PRCs and Indians) unappealing and actually don't fantasize about them? You might think it's being too airy fairy and idealistic, like how on earth am I prettier than C in your example? But if that's how one feels about you, and thinks that you are prettier than fiona xie and sarah michelle gellar combined (she is too hairy by the way and you can even add in zoe tay if you want – actually, that would create a monster), would you rather prefer it the other way? Or any other way? If I am unenlightened to feel this way about a person, so fucking be it. I would not rather feel any other way. I rather enjoy being clouded like this thank you very much ☺
I mean I understand if your conclusion is what you think is going on in a guy’s mind, you're perfectly at liberty to have your own idea about things. But all I’m saying is that this might help you understand a little more on why one can even think this way with no strings attached.
Post a Comment