Christian Dior Couture
It is sort of like my free day. Although I promised myself that I'd study hard and finish all my readings by today, I wasn't motivated at all. Instead, I went Couture hunting. Lately, I've been hooked onto watching Haute Couture on You-Tube. Watching because I am not famous nor tall (bloody hell...I'm only 170cm. The ang mos are at least 10cm taller) nor experience enough to get hired by Chanel or Dior to do a Haute Couture. You-tube because I am not famous enough(again!) nor rich enough to buy my way into the fashion house to watch a live fashion show.
If I am not wrong, Haute Couture is a French name for High Fashion. I mean very very very high fashion. And to date, there are only a handful of very very lucky women who buys couture clothes and most of the time, fashion houses uses Couture Fashion show as an publicity to promote their other products. People get interested in it because 1) it's really grand. If you think normal fashion shows by Gucci is big, Haute Coutures are better. 2) They are really interesting to watch. These high fashion performance tells a story. Sometimes they don't do normal conventional catwalk, but dance out in dresses exquisitely done up.
Saturday, August 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment