Friday, May 12, 2006

It's amazing how I miss term time. Seems to me that all the 'actions' that happens in the year happens during term time. HOliday's like a period when everyone goes to work. Holiday means no late night wine-drinking with ZY until we're both high and silly. Holiday means I have to do the housework. DAMN!

Speaking of work, it's really weird how the agency wants us to pay a graduating fee of $50 and appear for an event at Gotham Penthouse on the 1 June. I mean it's my money lor...I am supposed to make money from them not pay mah...Okie I admit, they've given me pretty good jobs which are fun (minus the presence of some very bitchy and rude models) and the pay is not fantastic, but it's easy money. But when it comes to giving money back, I'm not so agreeable.

It doesn't make sense that I still need a cost-incurring, official graduating ceremony when I am already a practicing model for so long. I mean $50 lei. If they'd wanted us to pay $10 for the cert or something I wouldn't be so stingy about it, but $50 could have contributed a substantial portion to my "Shopping in Bangkok" Fund.

Secondly I wonder how many people would actually recognise the ceremony. I mean who goes to Gotham Penthouse? CLubbers. I hardly think these people who patronize GP are potential talentscouts or advertising agents looking for models to star in their advertisement. One might say you'd never know, but I doubt that I would make my BIG BREAK there. Hence the $50 is not justified.

Thirdly, if the $50 goes into the purchasing of trophies and stuffs for the award ceremony, I am almost 100% sure that I would get none. MOst commited to JCM? I'm not...I know they know I joined purely for my own benefits. Most dedicated worker? I'm most definitely not...I'd do shows only if I have the time and only if I think the pay is reasonable. Most 'teacherly' to junior models?...Err I think I'm always bitched at or bullied by "THE ABOVE MENTIONED". Nice smile?...Maybe, but then again they might have to give the same award to 10 other models with equally nice smiles. Plus an award for best legs, best hair, most fashion savvy and yada yada....which would have included everyone, hence defeats the purpose of having an award ceremony.

In anycase, I'd still be making my way back from Chiang Mai on the night of 1st June. Hurhurhur...I heard it was compulsory and my booker wasn't very happy to hear that I'd be MIA. Now my only concern is that they might change the date. If they do I wont be spared either. *SObz* Holidays.

No comments: