
After eons of not blogging, I'm back with a scary picture of my back.
My sedentary lifestyle of hunching over the computer, and alternative lifestyle of partying till the wee hours of the morning has taken a toll on my health, with frequent shoulder aches and insomnia. While the rest of my friends sought expensive spa treatments from Banyan Tree, I paid a visit to a Chinese sinseh at a TCM clinic in Rocher to get thrashed up.
For about S$80 and 2.5 hours, you get the following done to you:
- Ba Mai: Get a calibration of your body's nerves, channels and vital points to determine your type of "illness"
- Shua: Scrub Therapy
- Gua Sha: Scrapping Therapy to improve ciculation and to remove the toxic heat and "qi" in your body (This is VERY motherfucking painful)
- Zou Guan & Ba Guan: Cupping Therapy to release the stagnant "chi" in the body
- Pressed, Prodded, Slapped, Pinched and Kneaded
While I was glad to come out in one-piece with a general sense of relaxation, the Ba Guan and Gua Sha gave me HUGE FUGLY purple welts and splotches as seen from the picture. Guess I won't be going to the beach or be seen painitng the town red in skimpy outfits for a while till the marks go away.

No comments:
Post a Comment