With the newfound level of stress and insecurity, I was inflicted with a very bad case of breakouts. Not even when i was at the pinnacle of my adolescence, when everyone had red warts covering their faces did I have such major acne problems.So u can imagine how depressed I am.
Although the peeps at my new place are decent enough, but the lunch culture there is severely lacking. NOBODY EATS LUNCH LA...
I'm always a firm believer that lunch is not just the packet of chicken rice that you tapau and scoop them into your mouth without tasting them, as you loose your mind in the figures and information stacked high in front of you.
Lunch time is a time when people joke and talk with each other, about everyday nonsense. It's a time to not think about work at all. And it's a time to unwind and get recharged to get ready for the next half of the day. But no, people at my office makes calls, thump on calculators, write long reports and stare crazily at their computer screens during lunch. So almost every lunch, I'll be sitting alone in one corner of the marketplace, overwhelming with groups of execs from Raffles place and Shenton way area. I'll be starring down at my plate of wanton mee sullenly, trying to avert my eyes from curious gaze from passers-by. Because it sucks to eat lunch alone, and I totally miss the peeps back in Huntinton. Even when I was teaching, I would have lunch company almost everyday. People would jio everyone to lunch everytime, unless our timetables clash; even so, we'd try to wait for each other.
Back in Huntinton, even if I had lunch duty, Eunice would always wait for me and accompany me, and me vice versa. And we'd spend that 1 hour of our time, feasting on big plates of char kway tiao or economical rice, and top it up with tau hway and 2 slices of cut fruits. And no I didnt gain weight at all. Even though some of the assocaites would sometimes insist on packeting food back to the office, we would always sit together at the meeting room, and talk about silly nonsense to political science and lousy clients over lunch.
I miss my friends there.

2 comments:
Poor thing :/
let's do lunch lor :)
Post a Comment