So I'm turning 22.
That day my 10-yr old little brother was told the myth of 牛郎niu2 lang2, 织女zhi3 nu3, the goatherd and the weaving-fairy, who fell in love with other, but had to stay apart because of their difference in status. Hence, they were only allowed to meet once a year via a bridge paved by swallows and clouds. And I happened to be born on that day according to the lunar calender.
SO my brother said to me one day, "Wah jie jie your birthday is so romantic. Got story one..."
Me: Huh? what story? [blur; because i was told the story when i was his age, and at that time, I couldn't make that connection]
Brother: "Doh...the story of the niu lang[cowherd] and ji nu [prostitute], it's so poignant!"
uh.....
OKay, so that's how the cowherd spent his 364 days while he's away from the weaving fairy, with the prostitute.
LOMANTIC MEH???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment